At Keysborough Veterinary Practice we have a dedicated surgical suite and a variety of surgical equipment for both general surgery and orthopaedic procedures. We are well equipped to handle most surgeries, and our waiting list is short, with the required procedure generally being accommodated within a day or two. Emergency procedures however always take precedence.
We perform elective procedures on all weekdays and emergency surgery on any day we are open. Some surgical patients will be sent home in the evening of the same day after the procedure, some patients we prefer to keep in hospital for additional fluid management or pain relief.
Surgical procedures we perform commonly include:
- Desexing (castrations and speys)
- Laceration repain
- Removing torn nails
- Removing grass seeds from between toes
- Skin lump removal
- Subcutaneous mass removals
- Lancing aural haematomas
- Cruciate ligament stabilisation
- Reduction of luxating patellas (kneecaps)
- Fracture repair
- and many other soft tissue and orthopaedic procedures