Dr Chris Boemo, BVSc (Hons), MRCVS.
- The practice owner and an experienced veterinarian, Chris graduated in 1982 and spent the early part of his career in a greyhound practice, nurturing his interest in sports medicine and orthopaedics. He still sees sport injuries, greyhounds and orthopaedic cases on a regular basis, and also accepts patients referred from other practices, including interstate.
- He is a member of the Australian Veterinary Association (AVA), the Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association, the Australian Veterinary Dental Society, the AVA Practice Management group and Australian Greyhound Veterinarians (AGV). He also served as the AGV’s representative on the AVA’s policy council for 21 years. He regularly presents papers at the AGV conferences and has written several chapters in veterinary text books.
- When he’s not running the practice, he is kept busy by his wife and three daughters and when not at work has an interest in gardening, snow skiing, camping, water skiing and travel. He owns a dog named Roxy, and is owned by a cat named Pekoe.
- Prior to joining the Keysborough Veterinary Practice Team, Dr Mary has previously been working in a mixed practice in chilly Tasmania where she did a bit of everything, working with dogs, cats, farm animals, wildlife, the RPSCA and some nights at the Greyhound Track. Having spent the last 6 months in a 24 hour Emergency and Intensive Care clinic she has decided to switch back to general practice and is looking forward to assisting the community as best she can.
- She is a member of the Australian Veterinary Association and the Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association.
- She currently has only one cat, an orphaned, deaf kitten she ‘accidently’ adopted in Tasmania, who is the loudest alarm clock she could hope for.
Dr Barbara Backhoy
Dr Barbara graduated from the University of QLD in 2001. Barb has worked at Sandown Vet Clinic, locumed in the UK and was at Karingal Vet Hospital for over 8 years. Barb is the greyhound track Vet at Cranbourne. Barb has 4 dogs, a border collie X, 2 greyhounds and a whippet
- Lucy is one of our full-time, qualified Veterinary Nurses . Lucy plans to begin a new course in 2014 studying Zoology & Primatology. Lucy has a beautiful Labrador by the name of Charlie who is spoilt rotten, three rabbits and a cockatiel. Lucy has a special interest in emergency medicine and zoology. In her spare time, Lucy enjoys playing tennis, horse riding and going to the movies!
- Amy is one of our Qualified Veterinary Nurses. Amy has a very handsome but mischievous cat called Jasper and a beautiful Murray River Retriever by the name of Zoe. Amy has a special interest in client awareness and surgical nursing. In her spare time, Amy enjoys relaxing with her animals and going on shopping sprees!
- Caitlin is one of our Qualified Veterinary Nurses. Caitlin has a very large family that consists of a horse named Kitah, a Staffy puppy named Jaydee, a Doberman named Diesel, a Kelpie x Border Collie name Gypsy, a cat named Mishka and a kitten named Ripley who was a stray that was handed into us.
- Caitlin has a special interest in animal welfare and re-homing animals. In Caitlin’s spare time she enjoys horse riding.
- Margaret is our Senior Veterinary Nurse who has worked at the Keysborough Vet Practice for the past ten years. Margaret owns a horse named A.J, an American Bulldog named Jazz and a cat named Tammy. Outside of work Margaret spends as much time as possible outdoors walking, gardening, and trying to teach Jazz to swim.
Cait is the newest member of our team, studying towards her Cert IV in Veterinary nursing. Cait owns four horses and a husky x named Karma that she loves dearly! Cait spends six mornings a week doing track work and in her little spare time, she enjoys going to the gym and anything outdoors! Cait has a huge soft spot for greyhounds, as you can see.