Keysborough Veterinary Practice
Keysborough Veterinary Practice has provided outstanding veterinary care to Keysborough and the surrounding suburbs since 1988. The clinic is purpose built and fully equipped, but the most important part of our practice is our people. Our dedicated team of Veterinarians, Nurses and Receptionists are committed to making your trip to the vet as positive an experience as possible for the whole family, both 2 and 4-legged.
Our aim is to help you enjoy life with your pets, by providing a low stress and welcoming place to help you with all life stages of your pet. We provide personalised care tailored to you and your pet, whether it be an emergency presentation, wellness care, or advice on a new addition to the family. Compassion, understanding and a commitment to client education compliment our exceptional veterinary services.
Meet Our Staff
Dr Nicole Hillier, BVSc (Hons), MACVS (ECC).
- The practice owner and a highly experienced veterinarian, Nicole graduated from Melbourne Uni in 1999. She has worked in general practice in both Australia and the UK as well as spending several years running a referral 24 hour emergency and intensive care practice.
- Nicole has further qualifications in emergency and critical care, and also has a Silver Certification in Low Stress Handling.
- A strong believer in ensuring vet visits are as positive an experience as possible, Nicole will always have a treat and a pat ready for your furry friends, and is willing to spend the time to make them feel comfortable.
- Nicole enjoys spending time out camping and travelling with her husband and daughters. At home the family is kept in line by a Burmese cat named Meadow, and Gemma the standard poodle.
Dr Mary Parker, BVSc
- Prior to joining the Keysborough Veterinary Practice Team, Dr Mary has previously been working in a mixed practice in chilly Tasmania, where she did a bit of everything; from working with dogs, cats, farm animals, wildlife, the RPSCA and some nights at the Greyhound Track. She has also spent time working in emergency referral practice.
- She is a member of the Australian Veterinary Association and the Australian Small Animal Veterinary Association.
- She has recently returned from maternity leave, welcoming a daughter to her family, which also includes her troublesome rescue cat Pancake.
Dr Kerrilee Luxford, BVSc (Hons).
- Dr Kerrilee is the latest addition to our veterinary team at Keysborough Vet Practice
- After graduating from Melbourne Uni in 1999 Kerrilee has worked in both small animal and mixed practice, as well as spending several years working for the RSPCA.
- Kerrilee’s areas of interest include dermatology and opthalmology, and she finds feline behaviour fascinating.
- When not at work Kerrilee enjoys spending time getting away with her family in their new camper enjoying the great outdoors.
Dr Chris Boemo, BVSc (Hons), MRCVS.
- The former practice owner and an experienced veterinarian, Chris graduated in 1982 and spent the early part of his career in a greyhound practice; nurturing his interest in sports medicine and orthopaedics. Although he has officially retired, Chris can occasionally still be seen around the practice, and works on a consultancy basis to provide orthopaedic surgery for our patients.
- When not operating he is kept busy by his wife and three daughters. He has a keen interest in gardening, snow skiing, camping, water skiing and travel. He is owned by a cat named Pekoe.
- Lucy is one of our full-time senior, qualified Veterinary Nurses, she has also done further study in zoology and wildlife conservation. She has experience in emergency medicine and wildlife.
- Lucy has a beautiful Greyhound named Mia And a cat named Chachi who are both spoilt rotten.
- Lucy has a special interest in greyhound medicine and zoology. In her spare time, Lucy enjoys playing tennis, horse riding and travelling.
- Caitlin is one of our full time Certificate IV Qualified Veterinary Nurses, who started at the practice in 2011.
- She has a very large family that consists of a horse named Kitah, a Staffy x named Jaydee, a Doberman named Diesel, a Staffy x Greyhound called Bandit, and 4 beautiful cats named Mishka, Ripley, Simba and Rusty.
- Caitlin has a special interest in animal welfare, re-homing and adoption of animals.
- In Caitlin’s spare time she enjoys horse riding, walking with her dogs and watching movies.
- Cait is one of our senior Certificate IV Qualified Vet Nurses who has been here since 2013
- Cait owns three horses called Rumours, Panda and Regal and also a German Shepherd x named Karma that she loves dearly.
- In her spare time, she enjoys going to the gym, horse riding eating donuts and doing anything outdoors!
- Steff is our newest Certificate IV Qualified Veterinary nurse
- She is the proud owner of a Border Collie named Jax.