Your Trusted Vet in Clayton South – Ready When You Need Us Most
Your go-to vet in Clayton South, Keysborough Veterinary Practice at your service!
We are conveniently situated in the heart of Melbourne, committed to give an exceptional and of high standard care for your furry friend. From urgent care to routine check-ups and preventive services we are keen to provide and meet all the needs your pet may require. Ensure that as a pet owner we should be keen to observe any kind of unusual behaviour they may show!
Immediate and Urgent Care is Provided by your Vet in Clayton South
We understand that emergencies can happen at any time, often when you least expect them.
That’s why our dedicated team of experienced veterinarians and support staff is available around the clock to provide immediate and compassionate care for your furry friends when they need it most. From sudden illnesses and injuries to critical conditions, we are equipped with state-of-the-art facilities and advanced medical expertise to ensure prompt diagnosis, effective treatment, and the best possible outcomes. Trust us to be your reliable vet in Clayton South in times of pet emergencies, providing the highest standard of veterinary care and peace of mind for you and your cherished companions.
There are different types of symptoms that you may encounter that can imply that your pet needs urgent care. There are subtle symptoms and obvious symptoms that you will be able to identify easily based on the situation.
These symptoms may not be very visible to a pet owner’s eye but can be severely impacting to our pet’s well-being and urgent care should be provided immediately.
- Lack of Appetite: There are times that our furry friends may turn their noses at their food. Normally this will not be a cause of concern however if your furry friend still does not eat for more than 24 hours this can be a problem. Make sure to attend to this urgent matter as soon as possible to prevent other complications that may be life threatening to your pet.
- Urinating/Stool Problems: Have your pet been having issues urinating or passing stool for more than 24 hours already? This could be one of the subtle symptoms that your pet needs urgent care. This can cause severe pain or worse could be life threatening to our pets. Make sure to monitor your pet’s urinary and stool discharge habits.
- Limping, Panting, Drooling and Whimpering: Our pets tend to mask their pain and if these symptoms and behaviours are noticed it could only mean that they are in severe pain and would need urgent care.
- Face Swelling: We as pet owners may not easily identify if our pet’s face is swelling or growing twice its normal size and if we are able to identify this should be managed right away. Face swelling on our furry friend’s face may be caused by allergic reaction or could be something else that are life threatening hence urgent care is needed.
These symptoms are easily detected and visible to the pet owner’s eye.
- Choking: This is one of the most common obvious symptoms that our pet may experience. Our furry friends are curious creatures that likes smelling and putting stuff in their mouth. Our pets do not always make a sound when choking, you can identify that your pet is choking if you noticed these behaviours; gagging, panting rapidly, pawing at their mouth and pacing restlessly. Once you notice these behaviours be sure to act quickly.
- Trauma: Could be caused by collision, attack or fall. These instances can cause external or internal injuries that would require urgent care which can be provided by your vet in Clayton South.
- Excessive Vomiting and Diarrhea: If not frequent usually this will not be a sign of problem but if your pet experiences this continuously then it can indicate something serious. Could be caused by a viral infection or food poison and can lead to life threatening problems.
- Loss of Consciousness: If this happens, ensure to seek urgent care right away! Loss of consciousness could be signs of many complications like poisoning, severe allergic reaction, internal bleeding, or heatstroke.
- Hemorrhaging: Another obvious symptoms that require urgent care is heavy bleeding and you’ll need to contact your vet right away. It can be very fatal to your pets wellbeing when heavy bleeding is ignored.
The availability of an emergency vet service in an area is vital. It provides immediate access to critical care, saves lives, minimizes suffering, and ensures that our beloved pets receive the necessary medical attention when time is of the essence. It is an indispensable resource that brings comfort and security to pet owners, fostering a healthier and safer environment for our cherished animal companions.
Why Choose Us for Your Urgent Care Needs?
Our team of highly-skilled veterinarians and staff that possess the expertise and knowledge to deliver high-standard urgent care strive to provide prompt care when your pet needs it most. We understand the importance of swift action during emergencies. State-of-the art facility and equipment is provided to allow accurate assessment results and address these complex situations efficiently and effectively. We also believe that post-emergency care is important for your furry friend’s recovery thus our team not only provide urgent care but also provide comprehensive aftercare and support you to aid in your furry friend’s recovery process.
Your Local Vet in Clayton South Offers More Than Urgent Care
Our services are not limited to urgent care. Keysborough Veterinary Clinic provide a wide option of services dedicated to focus on the overall health and well-being of your pets. Including check-ups, dental care, vaccinations, surgery and specialised treatment. A comprehensive variety of services to meet all the required healthcare needs for your pet. We strongly believe that preventive care is important to make sure your pet will live the healthy, and happy long life that they deserve.
In times of need, we stand ready. As your trusted local vet in Clayton South, we are committed to providing quick, compassionate, and professional urgent care services to your pets.
We understand the importance of being there for your pets during emergencies, and we strive to deliver exceptional care when you need it the most.